Hi all 🙂 I thought to begin new category of blog post, that is J2ME. As far as I know J2ME stands for Java 2, Micro Edition. But my examples will be more specifically for mobile devices. Because I can check the examples by myself before publishing in this blog using my mobile phone.
In this post I’m not going to deal with any kind of code. Today I will explain the software that I’m using for my future developments and configurations. I’m using NetBeans IDE 6.9 for coding. To enable the phone emulator I have installed Sun Java ME SDK-3.0 . My phone is Nokia 5700 Music Express which is capable of running softwares in following configurations.
- Device Configuration : CLDC-1.1
- Device Profile : MIDP-2.0
- Select Platform Type : CLDC/MIDP
- Emulator Platform : Java(TM) Platform Micro Edition 3.0
- Open your NetBeans IDE 6.9
- File -> New Project
- Choose Java ME in Categories: box
- Choose Mobile Application in Projects: box
- Click on Next button
- Provide Project Name: and Project Location:
- Keep the tick on the Set as Main Project check box but remove the check mark on Create Hello MIDlet (because I don’t want any auto generated MIDlets)
- Click on Finish button. You can click on Next button, but there is no configuration on the upcoming window. That’s why I clicked on Finish button.